Friday, May 20, 2011

Steampunk Burlesque


Once upon a time way back senior year at MICA my friends and I created a prompt blog which sort of dissolved as we reached the end of the year and everyone was really stressed out about finals/graduation stuff. My greatest regret from that blog was never finishing one of the final prompts: burlesque. I quickly sketched a steampunk themed burlesque dancer(because those two things obviously need to go together) but I never finished the final color version.

The hardest part in getting to the final watercolor and gouache version was finding a way to get my very detailed sketch onto the watercolor paper. It was impossible to see everything when I attempted to lightbox the sketch. So I ended up printing the sketch on to light weight watercolor paper. This time I printed the image the night before I started painting which made the ink run less. 

And, yes, those are gear shaped nipple pasties.

No comments:

Post a Comment